Solved: can't save form in word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

$lim

I have a form that i created in word 2003, i protected the doc. and only allowed form areas to be filled. after i fill in some of the form areas and click save. it asks me to do a save as. I rename the the doc and save it on my desktop. then when i go back in the doc to finish comleting the form, it asks me to save as again. it will not let me resave the doc over the same form. This has become a problem because people do not always finish the form the first time they open it and have to keep doing a save as to save the doc. is there anyway that you can just save the doc to your desktop and edit the form when ever and just do a save to that doc.

You need to make a protected form template rather than a protected form document. In other words, create a template file and protect that. Then, when users need to fill out the form, they use the template to create a new doc. That way they won't be trying to overwrite a protected file.

chris.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online