[SOLVED] Can't see c:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sharker

I have just been given an old computer. A P120. To start afresh I erased the c: disk with the killdisk program free from the net. After this, it showed c: was empty but after I rebooted the computer I couldn't get back to c. I think it said invalid drive specification. (I am using a DOS boot disk made using Windows XP.)

What should I do?

you need to Fdisk and create a partion. Keep in mind that depending on the size of the HDD you may need to use FAT32 or NTFS

Sharker

Hmm. When I type fdisk it says: bad command of file name. I have made the boot disk twice using Windows XP. It was the same both times. I assume that fdisk wasn't included for some reason. Do you know where I would be able to get fdisk? (The disk is 1.5 GB I believe.)

Is Fdisk actually on the floppy??

Try searching for boot disk downloads on google and find one with Fdisk on it.

Hope this helps.

Sharker

I don't think it was on the floppy but I have now searched on google and found the required software on the net. All seems to be working now.

Thanks for you help. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online