1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Can't see c:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sharker, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

I have just been given an old computer. A P120. To start afresh I erased the c: disk with the killdisk program free from the net. After this, it showed c: was empty but after I rebooted the computer I couldn't get back to c. I think it said invalid drive specification. (I am using a DOS boot disk made using Windows XP.)

What should I do?

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

you need to Fdisk and create a partion. Keep in mind that depending on the size of the HDD you may need to use FAT32 or NTFS

3. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

Hmm. When I type fdisk it says: bad command of file name. I have made the boot disk twice using Windows XP. It was the same both times. I assume that fdisk wasn't included for some reason. Do you know where I would be able to get fdisk? (The disk is 1.5 GB I believe.)

4. olivercoles

olivercoles

Is Fdisk actually on the floppy??

Try searching for boot disk downloads on google and find one with Fdisk on it.

Hope this helps.

5. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

I don't think it was on the floppy but I have now searched on google and found the required software on the net. All seems to be working now.

Thanks for you help. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice