Solved: Can't see FrontPage Web

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Genidiot

I redid a page for a friend of mine, and in the process of trying to explain to her how to upload it (she has since given me her username and password), she has trashed her website. My best guess is that she deleted something she shouldn't have deleted or inadvertantly changed some permission setting (thought everything looks like 777 access via ftp). It seems she should have more _ directories, this is what she has:

ftp> dir _*
200 PORT Command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
drwxrwxrwx 1 user group 0 Nov 17 2002 _derived
drwxrwxrwx 1 user group 0 Aug 17 2000 _fpclass
drwxrwxrwx 1 user group 0 Nov 17 2002 _overlay
drwxrwxrwx 1 user group 0 Sep 4 2001 _private
-rwxrwxrwx 1 user group 1759 Nov 20 2001 _vti_inf.html
drwxrwxrwx 1 user group 0 Jul 19 2000 _vti_log
226-Maximum disk quota limited to 25000 Kbytes
Used disk quota 0 Kbytes, available 24999 Kbytes
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 395 bytes received in 0.05Seconds 7.90Kbytes/sec.

I'm a barebones editor+ftp window type developer, it's been a while since I really used FrontPage, though I do have some version here, not sure if it is the same.

URL, if it helps: http://www.uniquedesigns-scenes.com/
default.htm
Information.htm
Information2.htm

Used disk quota 0 Kbytes
Looks like she has deleted the whole site. You might be lucky if you get in touch with the host and see if it's possible to restore the directory. Another couple of things to check is a .htaccess file. Also, don't forget that if it's a Linux platform file names are case sensative, so default.htm and Default.htm will be different files.

Genidiot

Thanks for trying, but there was no .htaccess file and I did check every conceivable case. Turns out she had't paid her hosting. Her hosting expired a couple months ago, I'm guessing the server didn't notice until a change was made. Insert bang-head-on-wall smilie here! Her registration includes a free one-page website, I'll cram the important stuff on there when I get a chance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online