1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't send email from particular email address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sanjosespain, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sanjosespain

sanjosespain Thread Starter

In our village in Spain, we have a very dodgy wireless internet access system, run by a company called NijarNet that is very difficult to communicate with - partly a language problem and partly because their customer service is dreadful. I have 13 clients with accounts here (I'm a management agent), and I manage these for them - they are all either wifi or wimax which pick up the signal from various antennae in the area. One such client was having no problem until something called Spamcop blocked his emails. Since then, he is unable to send emails from his 02 account, although he can send from his gmail account with no problem. He can receive on both accounts. O2 says it's not their problem, but that I must talk to the provider (which I have tried to do but they deny it's their problem and can't/won't give any advice on what the problem might be). I reckon it's something fairly simple that I might be able to sort myself, maybe a setting on the router? Can you offer any advice? He's tried it on several different laptops, devices etc with no luck. Any advice would be gratefully received.

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    http://jhoward.fastmail.fm/spamcop.html

Summary

This paper is by Jeremy Howard, a director of FastMail.FM.
    SpamCop BL is a system that is widely used by email providers for blocking email which may be spam. However, providers using this service are blocking up to 10,000 legitimate emails sent to their own customers, for each spam they block. SpamCop BL is a system that is open to abuse, and can be very inaccurate. SpamCop BL advises on their home page that production sites should not use the service - email providers that ignore this advice are causing problems for their own customers, while wasting the time of mail abuse departments that would be better spent fighting spammers.

3. sanjosespain

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to get round the problem? We're talking about a private individual, not a company, and he doesn't know where to start. I couldn't find the solution in the post, but maybe I missed it. Many thanks

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    It’s the company that is using it not him, has he thought of accessing it via webmail or going to another provider, personally I would not tolerate a service like that - Spamcop is been used by the company that is providing his email service, change the company to someone that does not use that, when I went to that page it saying it’s a common problem with companies that use that program, that is all I was showing you.

Language problem my ar.. tell them to put someone on that knows your language, there will be someone there all places have English speaking personal ask to be put on to them

When it comes to business you need a good provider, no business I know would put up with that

5. sanjosespain

Many thanks - I'll pass this on to him. I think it's pretty common that we all blame these faults on ourselves, being amateur users. Your advice is much appreciated. Nina

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice