1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't send email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sama7, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sama7

Sama7 Thread Starter

Hi everyone ..

I need help with my hotmail account as I have not being able to send emails for awhile but able to receive them!! What could I do!!!!

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

We need to know if your using the hotmail site or an email program so we know how to help you?

3. Sama7

Sama7 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks for writing back. I am using the hotmail account in my iPhone 5 and iPad too ... Every time I try to send or reply to messages, a message comes up telling me that the password for this account is not correct !!! Even though I am receiving and able to access all my messages..

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Then you have the wrong sending server selected or the password is incorrect.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    To add to this, the Outgoing Server has a username/password as well and if that has any incorrect information then it will fail.

Usually any issues with emails on the ipad/phone I just remove and readd.

6. mpeet611

mpeet611

You can try deleting your hotmail account & put it back in. When you put it back in select outlook.com as your email provider, it's the same email service your using now but with a different name & it will already know all the settings so you don't have to type them in manually. This site can help you put your hotmail account back in. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02/21/how-to-set-up-hotmail-iphone-ipad/

7. Sama7

Sama7 Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I deleted the account as you suggestted and wala it's back in action thanks to you..... All fixed

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice