Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Can't Send Web Pages Or Links

852 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sistafatti 
#1 ·
When I am on a website and click "file -send" to send the web page or a link to the web page by email, a drop down window asks for my Windows Live Passport ID and Password. When I enter that information and click OK, instead of transferring to my Windows Live Mail Program, I receive a notification: Fatal Login Error - 80041500, f=1

I also receive the same error if I am on a website, click on the "Contact Us" link which brings up the name of employees and then a link to their email (in some cases the actual email link will appear such as JDoe@apex.com. Other sites may just have a link for JDoe customer service representative) I am asked for my Live ID Passport and password.
Anyone know what is causing this? I spent an hour with a Qwest support agent, a more advance Qwest support agent who then transferred me to a MSN agent who couldn't speak English very well and she changed my password which still didn't help the problem. All of this took an hour.

#4 ·
Sending a link has always been an issue with a lot of AV and firewall programs.

Just open a NEW email and paste the address in the body of the email. Works every time and does NOT get hung by all the security programs.

#5 ·
For months I have been hesitating to download WXP SP3 because of so many problems experienced by others but having continually receiving warnings about my computer being at risk I bit the bullet and downloaded SP3. After doing that I was able to send pages and links by using "File" & "send". don't know what happened

#6 ·
Now unworking but finally received an answer from Microsoft. Some live mail doesn't use Internet Explorer. My live mail through Qwest doesn't and even though Qwest Live Mail looks identical to hotmail it isn't connected to Internet Explorer. Hot mail is. So if I use my hotmail address I can sent a link but when I use Qwest Live mail I cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.