1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cant sign in/boot windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nightsfrost, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nightsfrost

nightsfrost Thread Starter

i have tried both safe mode as well as starting to sign in normally. aswell as launch repair system and i do not have a recovery point. i can not seem to sign into my computer and i am unsure what the issue is. Also a note, when trying in safe mode, it stops after system32/DRIVERS/avgidhsa.sys

2. joepayne

joepayne

First, you need to give a little more info such as Operating system, etc. That would really help since we don't know if you are using Windows 8 or a stone tablet.

3. joepayne

joepayne

4. nightsfrost

i am not sure what all info i can provide without signing in to go to properties from computer tab, but it is a windows 7 operating system, sony vaio model
    also, i have had avg on here for a long time, and never had a problem that i noticed before. i am unsure what happened before i had to restart, but just though i would make the note about where it stops after attempting safe mode.

5. joepayne

joepayne

I believe if you will follow the link I provided and follow the instructions given there it will fix your problem. Evidently an AVG upgrade is what is causing this since when the computer tries to load the avg file it locks up. If you have another computer you might google avgidhsa.sys and read about others having the same problem.
    If this doesn't fix the problem I can tell you how to get into system restore during the boot process before windows boots. Good luck.

6. nightsfrost

i am sure you are right. It seemed to be very slow loading into windows (either i didnt wait long enough or you was right about it being avg problem) doing the steps provided must of fixed it. HOWEVER, it would be nice if avg did simplify a few things threw their process as i did either steps in a slightly different order, or switched between two different procedures in a way that pretty much gave me the results they wanted completed. Thank you for the link, i did see or click on it before but wasnt sure if this was the issue. If anyone needs help following the steps or understanding it, i may be able to offer a standard guide from what is offered.

7. joepayne

joepayne

Glad you got it fixed. Happy computing.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice