1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't update WOW using we are using hughesnet

Discussion in 'Games' started by diemachinedie, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. diemachinedie

diemachinedie Thread Starter

Need help updating WOW.

My son has not be able to play or update his Wow for about 2 months. We were able to get the new update. The update for the new EP. But it asked to update again and we tried nothing happened.
    I have The game as allowed in Kastpersky thinking that might be the issue but even with the virus protection shut down and the firewall. Nothing worked. We always have problems updating. But, this time we can't make anything work. We even hooked the hughesnet modem directly to the computer rather than running through our router.
    The download just stop and closes it's self. And we have tried over and over for 2 months straight day and night.

Thanks
    Vera

2. diemachinedie

The version of WOW we have is. 4.0.1.13205
    Maybe something is messed up in my Kaspersky ?

3. Since

Since

While I'm unsure what your specific problem is, I don't think it's entirely internet related. The WoW launcher should be giving you an error that you are having internet problems, not simply closing itself. I would recommend reinstalling the whole game.

If you are still having problems or you're sure it's a patching issue, you can directly download WoW patches from: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21079

4. diemachinedie

Thanks for replying. My husband seems to have it working. I think it was hughesnet. He told me for a few months our download speed was slow, but the upload was fine.

I don't know if the whole thing is downloaded yet or not. He has been working on getting the patch downloaded for a few days.

I think the last thing they want to do is reinstall it because we'd surly have to reinstall all the updates too. updating the game when the download speed was good on hughes it can anywhere from hours to weeks. I wish there was an option that let you play without updating. Maybe there is, or maybe we just have not installed that particular patch.

If worse comes to worse and we have to reinstall it and were still having the same issues we will just cancel our account with WOW.

The only thing we can get where we are located is satellite internet. We were thinking about Wifi but our cell service is awful so I know our Wifi would probably be to.

I'll try to post on here when I know for sure the download of the patch was complete.
    :eek: Fingers crossed,
    Vera

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice