1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cant upload video to Facebook due to missing file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by JamesMD, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JamesMD

JamesMD Thread Starter

I have been able to upload video files (MOD format) from my PC to facebook until recent two months.
    Problem symptom- I get to see and pick files from facebook window but then it takes 1 or 2 minutes for Facebook to come back and saying "You must pick a file to upload first." That is really odd as I have picked the file. It also seems Facebook is trying to upload it initially. I also picked smaller video files 5-7 MB to test and the result is the same. MOD is the facebook supported format. Next I tried converting it to MP4 format and then uploading it. Same problem.

I have Windows 7 machine and have done same procedure sfor over 2 years now. I also tried open another facebook account for my basketball team but same result. So, I know it shall not be my facebook account storage quota issue as I tried with new account too.

Contacted Facebook team but useless. I have no problem uploading photo. Any thought why is this? MY bsketball team will appreciate you to help this.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tested using a different browser?

3. JamesMD

JamesMD Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I switched to firefox to give it a try and it worked. In fact, much faster than IE. FYI - I used IE 9.0.8112 and it worked till about 3 months ago. Not sure what facebook team changed. Anyway, glad to share my solution and hope others can benefit from it too as U won't get reply from facebook team.

Oddba11 thank you so much.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Could be a Facebook issue, or more likely a patch or security setting in IE on your side.

Glad I could help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice