1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't use Mozilla Firefox anymore!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ilr1231, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ilr1231

ilr1231 Thread Starter

I was using mozilla firefox browser and was on Facebook today. When I clicked on a link under my notification tab everything froze up including my computer. I had to manually shut off the computer then restart it. When I could open up Firefox again I keep getting this:

so I tried Internet Explorer and everything works fine. Because I am using my internet explorer right now. So then I tried to uninstall firefox and reinstall it and it still says the same thing. Please help me because internet explorer sucks!
    Thank You very much!!!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8157 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, -241 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 942869 MB, Free - 741205 MB; D: Total - 10898 MB, Free - 1599 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Eureka3
    Antivirus: Internet Security Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

2. 2BInformed

2BInformed Banned

Hi! Sorry you are having a problem with Firefox but give it another chance as I bet the problem is not with Firefox. Sometimes Facebook runs scripts that can cause this message to pop-up. Other times you may have certain add-ons in FF that may be conflicting thus, the message comes up.

To rule this one item out, are you by chance using a proxy server? Sometimes when a proxy is used the message you got will pop-up because it takes the proxy a lot more time to load the website you want thus, it generates a message in the meantime. If you are not using a proxy, it could be that Facebook, being so tremendously popular, could be very busy or having problems at the moment. To check to see if that is the case go to the following website that monitors service trouble for several social sites. It is a Great Utility that anyone can use to see if there are any current problems with the social site they are currently using!

http://downrightnow.com/

If you still can't get it to work, the following site may have some useful information for you. But again, I would not give up on Firefox due to this as the problem could be generated from another place! :)

Firefox hanging issue on Facebook
    http://superuser.com/questions/421638/firefox-hanging-issue-on-facebook

3. ilr1231

ilr1231 Thread Starter

It's not just facebook that I can't access it's everything! I can't see my yahoo mail or any web page but I can access everything on Internet explorer. I don't know anything about proxy's. How can I find that out?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    2Binformed: It's not facebook the OP had the issue with ;)

Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com.

I believe the proxy server would have affected IE, but to make sure, go to the Options and under Advanced > Network press Settings. Make sure you are set to No Proxy.

5. 2BInformed

2BInformed Banned

Hmm, well to find out if somehow a proxy is working in there that you did not know about, Go to:
    Tools ==> Options ==> Advanced ==> Network ==> Connection ==> Settings.
    Once there, see if you have a "Manual proxy configuration" or anything other than "No Proxy" which should be checked. If you do find that something other than No Proxy is checked you should also find IP numbers listed and should then check NO PROXY which may well serve to get things back in order again unless it is something else that is conflicting.

Have you tried running Firefox in Safe Mode? It could be an add-on or extension that is producing that prompt or else a wayward script. But for now do the above and see about the proxy.

6. ilr1231

ilr1231 Thread Starter

okay the settings showed no proxy...so I tried many things and finally I just restored my computer to a week ago and now firefox works. Will I have any problems at all in the future from restoring to an earlier date?

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Only any files that were created would be gone if not backed up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice