1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't Use Yahoo Mail with IE9? Help Needed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bamdenton, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bamdenton

bamdenton Thread Starter

I am running IE9 with Vista on a Toshiba laptop.
    After a visit from my son and grandchildren, I am unable to use my yahoo account or mail which I have used for years and want to keep. I can't open it with my regular password. Mail just goes back to login and My Yahoo just goes back to regular Yahoo page. I tried all of the Yahoo Help's suggestions without success. When I tried to report problem to Yahoo Support, no such address was returned.
    My Yahoo and Yahoo Mail works perfectly on Firefox, but I do not like Firefox and for some reason Firefox is slower on my laptop, so any help with getting it on IE9 will be appreciated. Many thanks, Bill

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Are you sure that in IE9 you are trying to login to your account (see attachment) and not the account of somebody else who used your computer?

Attached Files:

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. bamdenton

bamdenton Thread Starter

Thanks to you both.
    I double checked that I was loging in to my own account and I am. However, if i start putting in their username, it auto fills the name out, but not the password.
    I deleted everything as per your instructions without any success. I even had to relogin to this site. When I try to login to MyYahoo, it just returns to the regular Yahoo page. When I try to login to my Yahoo Mail, it just seems to recycle the login page over and over. Any more suggestions? Bill

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I don't know. You can login using Firefox, so you obviously know what you're doing. :) I was just thinking of one thing that you might have overlooked.

6. Phantom010

You say Yahoo doesn't autofill your password. You do try typing it as well, I suppose, right?

7. bamdenton

bamdenton Thread Starter

Yes, i did...still no success. Any suggestions from anyone else? Do you think it would do any good to uninstall IE9 and then reinstall it or maybe IE8? Thanks, Bill

8. Phantom010

9. bamdenton

bamdenton Thread Starter

Thank you Phantom, this worked very well for my IE9 without add ons.
    However, as soon as I launched IE9 in a new window, I am back to may original problem.
    Is there a way to keep the add ons off from IE9 all the time, which should do it?
    Many thanks, Bill

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Now that you know that the culprit is an add-on you could selectively disable one or some until you identify which one.

11. Phantom010

Like TerryNet pointed out, an add-on is the culprit. From now on, it's a simple process of elimination.

12. Phantom010

13. bamdenton

bamdenton Thread Starter

I tried your suggestions without success. Checking out ask.com I clicked on tools, internet options, advanced and restore advanced settings. I then restarted my computer and all is OK.
    Thank you very much for your help. This is a great forum with so many volunteer helpers. Thanks again, Bill

14. Phantom010

You probably left out an add-on or two in your process of elimination 'cause disabling ALL add-ons proved to be successful. Resetting IE simply brought it back to its state before instaling the add-ons.

Glad it's fixed! (y)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062269