[Solved] Can't view stationery in outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whytwolf

Hello,
I like to design email stationery in Outlook express, and have win98SE and outlook express 6; and suddenly i'm unable to preview the stationery before sending it. Although i can't see the stationery if i send it anyway the recipient can. I also tried sending it to myself at another mailbox and dnldd it into outlook to see if i could see the graphics then, and i could. Also, the preview in Arachnophilia, my html editor; doesn't work; it comes up but i can't see the graphics there either. Just a blank screen with little 'x's like a broken link. I went into windows explorer to my stationery folder and clicked 'webpage view' and can't see them there either. The html files are listed but i can't see the graphics when i click on them; just a blank outline with 'x's again.

I searched google and found someone that had the same problem in a newsgroup and tried the solution posted there that had worked for them; but i didn't work for me. The solution was.. "Go to start/Run, and type REGSVR32 MSHTML.DLL and wait for a message of
successful completion and reboot the computer." But like i said...this didn't work for me.

I've also ran 'repair' on IE....thinking that might help....but it didn't...

I had a problem last nite (right before this happened) with a file assoc. I had installed Desktop Architect, and it had been giving me problems, freezing my computer; so i uninstalled it; but the html files for the themes were still associated with DA; so i changed the file assoc back to Desktop Themes in Plus. I have a feeling that had something to do with this; but i'm not sure. The desktop themes are opening fine now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Deb

Find a htm file. Highlight and right click while pressing shift. Choose open with on the menu.
Look for the always use this program to open this type of file. Be sure it's checked.
Scroll down the list to Internet Explorer. Double click on it to set the file association.
Do the same for a html file. Same type of file, but there are two extensions in the registry.

whytwolf

I've already tried that....sorry i forgot to mention it.....but i did it again....just to make sure and it didn't work this time either.

When i clicked ok after checking the box and selecting IE to open it with....IE came up and i could hear the music but i couldn't see it....just the little 'x's on the left where the scrolling left border SHOULD have been.....

whytwolf

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

I guess you can tell it worked!!!! Should i delete that registry file from my desktop now? I copied into my downloads folder....just in case this happens again. Thats ok isn't it? I don't know a thing about the registry, so i wanted to make sure it was ok to do that.

Thanks again!
Deb

You're welcome. Absolutely keep the copy and you can delete the other from the desktop. If this happens again, you'll have the cure.

This is a good time of the year to make stationery. Lots of interesting choices for the Holidays.

Mo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online