Solved: Caps Lock key doesn't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kdd9

nor does the "Caps Lock" indicator light come on when I hit the key. The Number Lock does, but the Caps Lock does not. I can't recall that it ever did work -- I don't know. I just now realized that I've been putting up with holding the shift key down and typing one-fingered for capital letters since I can remember. I thought I'd post the problem here before scrapping the keyboard for a new one. Maybe someone knows of reason why the Caps Lock key is nonfunctional. For all I know, someone may have spilled a drink on it. I'm still using the original keyboard that came with this Gateway Select 400 PC from 1999. I am running Windows 98SE on it. I have tried it with GWHotkey.exe enabled and with it disabled. Doesn't work either way. Any ideas? Thanks.

kdd9

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
I dont know of any fix for it,it doesnt seem worth the bother of trying to fix it when you can get a keyboard for very little cost these days, so go on,take the plunge and invest in a new one......

i agree, unless u have a very expensive keyboard like some of those logitechs, just get a new one

kdd9

I've been looking for an excuse to get a new keyboard and mouse anyway. Guess I've got one now. Thanks, guys.

kdd9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online