Solved: cartography software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rainforest123

I'm looking for a program that included USGS type topo maps that will allow one to add, in layers, roads, bridges, cities, other infrastructure; hiking trails. I do not need private property boundaries, but political boundaries [ counties, states, countries ] is also desired.

My goal is a map collection of the earth's surface, but I'll be satisfied to begin with the USA & Europe.

Thanks for your suggestions.

B123

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
I know of two free programs that will give you the maps but I am not sure if you can edit them.

Nasa WorldWind
http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

Google Earth
http://earth.google.com/

There are a few free GIS software out there as well but I cant remember the name of them. I sent an email to my sister-in-law who does this for a living. I know she uses ArcGIS and AutoCAD on the profressional side but I doubt you can afford a couple thousand dollars for that.

rainforest123

Sqman:
Thanks.

I don't have a GPS device, but it is good to know the information you provided.

I'm willing to pay for the software.

B123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online