1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: case fan configuration question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twogurusindrag, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twogurusindrag

twogurusindrag Thread Starter

if i have 2 fans (MASSCOOL FD08025S1M4 80mm Case Fan) on the back of the case with one right on top of the other, should one blow in or should they both blow out? i also have a arctic cooling freezer 7 on the cpu (or i will when i build this weekend).

thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It really depends on a lot of things. Generally speaking, if 2 fans are close to one another, you don't want one "in" and the other "out" because the air-flow will then be in a small loop and cooling for the interior will not be optimal. If there are plenty of intake ports for air, you may want both blowing out, especially if the power supply blows in.

Think about how air will flow with the case closed. Imagine some smoke flowing through the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/819341