1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Case fan replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TxBear, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TxBear

TxBear Thread Starter

Computer: HP Pavilion 9900 (Custom)

I noticed my case fan stopped working so I purchased another fan (Aerocool X-Flow) After connecting the fan to the case fan connector I noticed the new fan isn't working either. It's a 3 pin connector, my question is if I only have one case fan connector and it isn't working is there another way to connect the fan? Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you have fan with a regular 4 pin molex connector on it you can connect it the a spare 4 pin molex connector from the power supply. It just wont be monitored by the Mobo if your mobo supports that option.

3. TxBear

TxBear Thread Starter

Thanks dustyjay, sorry I made a typo it's a 3 pin connector not 4 :eek: oops

When all else fails (Read the directions) Being in a hurry I didn't notice the fan came with a 4 pin to 3 pin adapter. Using the adapter allowed me to use one of the available 4 pin connectors. It's working fine now.

4. rmay635703

rmay635703

Or he can get a 3pin to 4 pin converter or be like me and be a cheapskate and use push pins to put the 3pin connector into the back of a 4 pin connector, then tape it up.

Good Luck

5. TxBear

TxBear Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the help!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice