[SOLVED] Case fan replacement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TxBear

Computer: HP Pavilion 9900 (Custom)

I noticed my case fan stopped working so I purchased another fan (Aerocool X-Flow) After connecting the fan to the case fan connector I noticed the new fan isn't working either. It's a 3 pin connector, my question is if I only have one case fan connector and it isn't working is there another way to connect the fan? Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

dustyjay

Jay
If you have fan with a regular 4 pin molex connector on it you can connect it the a spare 4 pin molex connector from the power supply. It just wont be monitored by the Mobo if your mobo supports that option.

TxBear

Thanks dustyjay, sorry I made a typo it's a 3 pin connector not 4 :eek: oops

When all else fails (Read the directions) Being in a hurry I didn't notice the fan came with a 4 pin to 3 pin adapter. Using the adapter allowed me to use one of the available 4 pin connectors. It's working fine now.

Or he can get a 3pin to 4 pin converter or be like me and be a cheapskate and use push pins to put the 3pin connector into the back of a 4 pin connector, then tape it up.

Good Luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online