Solved: Causes of water damage on TV?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aaron87

Hi, I have a TV to which was water damaged (quite bad), it still works absolutely fine, the picture and sound is absolutely perfect.

I have two questions for you, first one is; 1 of the 2 HDMI slots don't work, when I say they don't work I mean it DOES work but are not detected by the "source" button, to access it you would have to go into the menu and choose the source manually. do you think that this HDMI slot is broken forever?

My second question is; when I am using the working HDMI port and turn the volume up/down there is a slight visual distortion but only where the volume HUD appears. (I'll attach a picture once I get home if you wish to see it?) do you think there is anyway of fixing this?

Thanks in advanced. also, I hope this makes sense!

Aaron87

FYI, I have fixed it myself... I simply took the TV apart and DIY distilled some water and cleaned with a tooth brush. all works fine now! magic!!

I would turn on a fan to blow dry the inside if you got the TV apart to help air out hidden water.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online