Solved: ccRegVfy.exe - Unable to locate Component (SYMSTORE.dll missing) error problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eve_2008

Hi, I have an problem with my Windows XP laptop computer.

When I load windows a screen box appear saying, "ccRegVfy.exe - Unable to locate component.
-This application has failed to start because SYMSTORE.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also the computer frequently turn blank or blue-screen after 10 minutes making the computer unusable.

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks.

Eve

in that case then, go to
Start > Run and type in msconfig > OK
click on the Startup tab
and untick the entry that refers to ccRegVfy.exe
and any other entry that is to do with Norton.
click on OK
Reboot

It may also be a good idea to run the Norton Removal Tool in case there are any other remnants of Norton left

eve_2008

Hi Jack Hackett,

Thanks for your help! the problem has now been fixed.

Eve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online