1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CD Burner Died

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kis1467, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kis1467

kis1467 Thread Starter

:confused: I have a Matshita CDRW/DVD UJDA 760 CD burner which is now refusing to burn CD's. The drive makes a lot of noise as it tries to read the blank CD. Begins the burning process and then stops. I have tried using different CD's and different makes but no joy. The CD drive reads cd's ok but crashes the computer when I put in cd's which I have burned previously and have always worked before!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Like you said, it's probably died. They're dirt cheap, no reason to spend a lot of time playing around with this one. You can have a DVD burner that will also handle CD's for around $30-35.

3. kis1467

kis1467 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply you just reinforced what I kinda already knew. I have another question though that maybe someone can help with. I bought Tony Hawk Underground 2 for my kids but it won't load properly on to the computer. Says it has installed and all the help files etc work ok from the start screen but whenever you try to play the game the little start screen comes up the screen flickers a little then it just goes back to the normal desktop and nothing. I have tried closing down programmes that are running first, cleanng up temporary files, disc clean up, defragmenting disc but nothing works. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1000 with mobile intel Celeron(R) CPU 2 20GHz 2.19 GHz with windows XP SP2. I think the sound card is SoundMax integrated Digital Audio but as I know nothing about computers except for where the on/off switch is I'm not sure. I also have the Direct X 9 needed. They won't let me return games in Poland even when they are not compatible so I am stuck with it and now determined it will work!:rolleyes:

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I would imagine that as soon as it "sees" your integrated graphics on the Dell, it stops.

I seriously doubt that it would be able to run with the SiS 650 Integrated Graphics chipset, and its not upgradeable (as it's part of the laptop mainboard, as is the case with 95% of laptops).

Laptops are not gaming machines, apart from the high end ones. The Dell 1000 is not one of the high end models.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice