Solved: CD Drive WILL NOT recognize 2nd disc for installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

katjod2000

My disc drive will allow the first disc to download, but when asked for the 2nd disc, it says to insert it. It will not read that 2nd disc. This is happening on 2 new games we have gotten. I have noticed this before - I can play one game on the PC then take it out and go to play a different game and it will not read that game has big squares (like fonts off wingdings) where the writing should be (when your looking in My Computer at that drive). I didn't pay it much mind then, just turned the computer off and restarted and then I could play the other disc game. Now that I have some games that require a 2 disc installation, I can't finish the install because it will not read that 2nd disc. What do I need to look at in order to fix this problem?

Specs:
HP-Compaq, Pavilion 520n, GenuineIntel, 1300MHz, 256MB/512MB, System P6318A, Windows XP Home Edition V2002 SP2

***Thank you very much for all your help....and hope your Christmas was very blessed!!!!:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online