1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CD/DVD Drive Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crutchizm, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crutchizm

Crutchizm Thread Starter

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 - When I boot the system (running windows xp sp3), I get the error message, "Drive 1 not found: parrallel ata pata - 0".

I went into bios and it doesn't show the cd/dvd drive listed, however the drive does work.

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

I see..First- Did you go to the dell support website and reinstall firmware for that drive? http://support.dell.com/support/dow...s=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=PLX_GX620 If not do so and reboot.
    Second let's fix this non existent drives in your bios:
    Reboot the computer. When you see the DELL logo press F2 to get into setup. Then go down to Drives and turn off any drives that are set to Auto, except for your C: drive which should either be SATA 0 or PATA 0. Since it is not saying that SATA 0 is not found then I suspect your main drive is on the SATA 0 channel. Go to SATA 1 and turn it off. The instructions should be on the screen. Usually you select it by moving the arrows and then hit enter, you then use the arrows to select off. If your CD-ROM/DVD ROM is not on PATA 0 then turn it off as well.

Let me know if this helps. But luckily it's just a system error and everything's working fine correct? We can fix the error adjusting the bios settings, checking to see if the drive is bad and or you just need to update firmware.

3. Crutchizm

Crutchizm Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I actually opened he case and reseated the cable for the cd/dvd and that solved the issue.

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Awesome that usually does the trick :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice