[SOLVED] cd/dvd drive will not open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sbhunt

Hi there.
I'm using XP and have a cd/dvd drive, a cd-rw drive, and a floppy drive. Everything seems to be working fine, but the last few days I have not been able to eject the cd drive. I've can use my cd-rw drive instead, but i'm not sure why this isn't working. Can anyone help me on this? I already tried going through explorer and using the eject command from there. Thanks!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Will it open and close while the computer is booting up?

Lets try to eliminate a hardware problem first. When booting and before windows starts, hit the eject button and see if it opens. You may have to try a couple times to see if it does. If it does then it is likely a software problem.

does it flash when booting if it does then it seems to it is jammed some drives have a release hole located onthe front that will unlock the cd then you can open it manually if it does not flash when booting check your 12 volt supply connector maybe you have a bad connection

sbhunt

I'm not exactly sure... I can't open it to find out. :)

There should be a tiny hole just below the tray itself. Straighten a paperclip and push it in the hole slowly. This should manually eject the tray.

sbhunt

okay... I used the release hole and pried it open. After I got it to open, it seems to be working just fine now. Thanks for all your help guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts