Solved: CD/DVD icon does not appear in My Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diet2001

I have a Gateway Laptop 400SD4, with Operating system Windows XP Home Edition, 32 bit, SP3.
My CD drive does not appear in My Computer anymore. I know there is a way to re-activate the icon so I can use the CDR/DVD player, but I do not know the specifics in how to get into the Registry to correct this problem.
Could someone please give me the specific instructions in how to get Windows XP to again, correctly display th CDr Icon in "My Computer"

diet2001

Thank you....the problem has been resolved....your help is very much appreciated.
Dieter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online