[SOLVED] CD-ROM not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tim Truong

My CD-ROM is not working but it is recognize by the device manger on my window 2000 system. It shown the exclamations mark under the CD-ROM device. I have tried to down load the CD-ROM driver but no luck. I also down load the latest update for window 2000 but still no luck. What is my next step? I have checked my mother board manufacture and down load the chipset but no luck at all. (Under the CD-ROM Properties shown this device is nt working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device CODE 31). I have followed all the step in the troubleshooting step but no luck. Thanks! Tim
I have window 2000 operating system.
My mother board is ASUS P3V4X.
My CD-ROM is Sony CDU4811.

Does the cdrom open? If so you might want to try deleting it from you device manager and then rebooting it to see if windows has better luck with the driver, it should just use a generic cdrom driver since it is just a cdrom and not a burner or dvd.
Hamill

Tim Truong

Hi Hamill, yes the CD-ROM open and I have tried to deleting from the device manager and reboot my system but still no luck. Yes, this is just the generic CR-ROM nothing special about it. But why is not working at all. Tim

Perhaps an obvious thing power OK but is ribbon cable loose/faulty maybe?
My son's college project rally car wouldn't start because the ECM lead was loose!
Just a thought.
Howard :)

Tim Truong

Hi bigh47, I have change and check the connection from my mother board to the CD-ROM device. Everything is connected no loose cable or power. Tim

OK Tim some times it can get over looked.
I have computer support "expert" coming to sort my PC at work tomorrow I'll ask him but don't bet the farm on an answer.

See ya

Howard.

Tim Truong

Hello bigh47 thanks for the help! I will wait for your answer.
Hello AcaCandy, the system working before. I am not sure that the CD Creator remove or not in my system. How should I checked out? Thanks! Tim

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Try some of the solutions listed in that article......if you removed the Adaptec software, if you don't remember, then I don't think you have any other way of verifying this......

Tim Truong

Hi AcaCandy,
Thanks for your advice. I have tried and the system working again by remove the upper and lower filter in the registryentry.
Thanks for everyone help!
Tim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online