[SOLVED] CD ROM plays only audio cd's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badfish

I can play only audio cd's on my CD ROM drive. No video or message at all. Any help will be appriceated.

Thanx

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi badfish, welcome to TSG....

Start button, settings, control panel, system, device manager, double click on the cdrom, properties, settings, do you have auto insert checked?

badfish

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you said, but in device manager, there is no cd rom. I know that there is a driver, I had to hunt it down and reinstall it the other day. Any other suggestions?

Thanx

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hmmm, then I guess I don't understand how you are playing audio cds? Are you just listening to them from a headset jack on the front of the drive?

Has the cdrom worked properly in the past? Does it show up in "My computer?"

What operating system are you running? And what model cdrom?

badfish

Yeah it does show up in My Computer. I have an icon for the cd player on my desktop. I think that it was just the cd rom that I was trying. I put in another dosk that has video on it as well, and it worked just fine. Thanx for the help.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok, great, thanks for letting us know......thought I was going crazy..... :D (which of course, is always a possibility) :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online