Solved: CD writer firmware will not update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wpwilliams

I downloaded the firmware update for my CD/DVD writer. Burned it to a CD per the instructions and restarted the PC with the CD in. The PC restarts, reads the CD and then... nothing. No on-screen instructions, nothing.

The CD/DVD drive is bootable per the bios.

Any idea how to make this work?

Re-download and make a new cd for this it is either a bad download or a problem with the way the cd was made or the wrong firmware.

wpwilliams

ozrom1e -
I did try this twice. The first CD was burned using Nero and the second using the Windows CD burner.

No go.

Then the only other thing is that you downloaded the wrong firmware for the drive or the drive is now defective due to this. Try another drive in the computer

wpwilliams

HP gave me the file on their website - it is for their drive, so I am pretty sure I have the right file.

However.... I did use Nero to burn an image to the CD, but when I look at what is on the CD I see the same .iso that was on my harddrive. Is there supposed to be something other than the original .iso on the CD??

wpwilliams

I found that I had not properly burned the iso image to a CD. Duhhhh..... :eek:

Consider this one 'solved'.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts