1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] cdrom# please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dragonpea, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonpea

dragonpea Thread Starter

I have atapi cdrom on my computer but i cant find the serial# any where so i cant fix it can someone please tell me where to find it i have looked every where :(

2. angel

angel

It would probably be on a sticker on the box it came in (if purchased separately). Otherwise, you'll need to open your case and look at the top of the drive.

3. dragonpea

dragonpea Thread Starter

I opened my tower and its not there:(

4. 4 Computer Fix

4 Computer Fix

Just wanted to ask why you need the serial number to get it fixed?

What's wrong with it?

There is no sticker on top of the CDROM drive at all? On the bottom? Back of it?

5. dragonpea

dragonpea Thread Starter

I need the # because every one i talk to ask for it so it can be fixed..

I cant figure out whats wrong it wont work my system says its fine but it wont play any CD. I have uninstalled that didnt work I checked all connections they are fine there is power to every thing
    there is no sticker on tower any where when i talk to a tech he told me just to replace it

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi dragonpea, I'm not understanding why anyone would need a serial number either.....

Who are you talking to?

What happens when you put a cd in the drive? Do you get an error message? Does it attempt to read the cd? Can you boot with a windows 98 bootable floppy disk, choose cdrom support, and get a directory on the cd in the drive?

7. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

If you call tech support and have a hardware problem, they're going to ask for the serial number. That's a standard question. To find it, you'll probably have to take the drive out and locate it. It's probably not visible while mounted in the case.

8. dragonpea

dragonpea Thread Starter

Thanks for everyones help still didnt find it but have a tech coming to replace:D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice