1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cell Phones

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by floydcojacket, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. floydcojacket

floydcojacket Thread Starter

Wife and I are ready to buy new cell phones.
    I'm wondering if there is a cell phone on the market that I may download names and phone numbers from my computer MS Outlook or move data from my phone to the computer's MS Outlook.
    Thank you for your help.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Lots of the phones will allow that - using there software - I have used a number of phones to do this - A Nokia thats 8 years old, and a new Nokia , Sony Ericsson and blackberry do that - as i have used - the Sony Ericsson I have is a W380i and was purchased for £35 - using the software supplied with phone and connected to PC via USB, I was also able in outlook to specify which names and numbers would sync, by applying a label w380

So lots of them have synchronisation capability... What models are you thinking of

I will move to our mobile phone forum

3. floydcojacket

Thank you for your reply.
    Not too sure what brand/model we will be changing to this time. We will need to decide today tho since we will be shopping in a couple of hours for new phones.
    Wife wants one that has "text" capability, but for me, I just want one that will make/receive calls. My main desire is much better battery life than the old Nokia I have now plus better "gain signal" than we now get with our present provider.
    Being able to connect to the computer for names & numbers is a definite plus and is desired by both of us, but not at the expense of having to get a lesser phone with less "gain & battery life."
    Being in the Auction business, it's amazing how little signal one can get at auction locations.
    Without giving any carrier company names, I will say the one we use presently name begins at the first of the alphabet (A). The one I am looking to change to begins very close to the end of the alphabet (V).
    Maybe I won't be held liable now.
    Any suggestions on which brand/model to choose will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your input.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I'm not in US so would not make a recommendation, there will be lots of different packages and tariff with phones included etc - I know my Son and Daughter spend ages looking into this type of stuff, Iphone v Blackberry and tariff, and then the upgrade options - anyway, they both ended up with blackberrys now .... At least that was last month !!!!!! my daughter seems to upgrade every few months with a different phone - and like you had problems with coverage in certain locations ..... I know Orange does not work well at my house - which is on the outskirts of London , vodafone and O2 are OK, but i think my Son had problems with vodafone at his house, only 2 miles from me, although in UK they claim they get 98% coverage..

5. floydcojacket

Thank you again for your help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice