1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: certain audio tracks cut off early when burning to CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by deh, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deh

deh Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am trying to convert MP3s i have to CD so i can play off of my CD player. (Note: yes these audios are absolutely legal to burn).
    I am using CD creater version 4 which came with the computer. i have never had any problems with it.

Now with these particular mp3s i can burn on the CD but when i listen in the CD players some tracks cut off the final 3 seconds. Since these are spoken word audio files the last 3 seconds is critical.

When i listen in MP3 format the audio file plays all the way through.
    Interestingly enough i went into CD creator software highlighted one of the questionable mp3's and hit play (sort of a preview). Well the software comes up and plays it showing for example total length of file to be 4:59, well it plays the entire thing BUT it hit's 4:59 on the meter the status bar stops at 4:59 and there are still 3 more seconds of audio which you can still hear during the preview. Problem is once converted to CD you can't here this.

Anyone have any idea of how i can correct this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Have you retried burning the CD's at a slower speed?

Rollin

3. deh

deh Thread Starter

No, i think the default is 8x. Do you think that might solve it?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd suggest you may have some trimming option on that is detecting the silence near the end and truncating the file when it converts it for burning. Have you tried any other burning software, that's a pretty old version of EZ-Creator, they're up to 7 now as I recall. Here's a couple of free ones to try: DeepBurner and CDburnerXP

5. deh

deh Thread Starter

Thank you very much johnwill; thought it may have been software related but couldn't find a freeware burning program; all my searches seemed to lead to mere shareware. I downloaded installed the CDburnerXP from the link you provided and it has fixed the problem.

Thanks again. Have a happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice