Solved: Certain programs will not start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thelifan

I have no idea what is wrong with my computer, if anyone has any idea as to what I can do that'd be great.

Symptoms
  • When I try to open firefox it says "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." despite no pre-existing firefox.exe in the task manager.
  • VLC player will not open when I try to open it.
  • Certain functions in Excel2007 will crash it.
  • A few weeks ago I got a series of BSOD but lately not anymore.
  • When windows starts up it says groovemonitor.exe "the application failed to initialize properly"

I have no idea what is wrong with my computer, the problems aren't consistent with all programs, just certain ones. Chrome would randomly get errors too. What can I do to possibly diagnose the problems? I've ran memtest+ and swapped out my 2 sticks of ram, with both I get the same problems..

Thank you very much ahead of time to read about my problems.

Try basic steps first.
1. Uninstall and reinstall firefox.
2. Uninstall VLC. I recommend you use Media Player Classic instead (You might want to grab CCCP), but if you are glued to VLC reinstall it.
3. Uninstall groovemonitor.exe and reinstall, but make sure it doesnt start on startup.
4. Try run firefox.
5. Try run VLC (if it doesnt work, try Media Player Classic)

post results here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online