1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: change gmail password recovery options

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Laura7491, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I need help to change my password recovery option. Now it's crazy, even when I have the cookies gmail doesn't let into my account. It sends a code to my mobile phone . I have to turn it on, get a code and enter it. Then I am let in. I don't like it. I thought it would do it only when I didn't have cookies. But I do now!! And it still keeps blocking the access. It has became too inconvenient.

My question is - How can I change the option to make gmail sending info to the alternative e-mail, listed on my profile, instead of to my mobile phone?? I can not find a place in my account how to wipe out my mobile phone option and switch to e-mail.

Can you help me please?

By the way, I contacted gmal tech. support by e-mail taken off their website and it returned saying "rejected by server". What a wonderful service... I guess they discourage people to contact them via e-mail.
    :mad:

Thanks, guys!!!

2. Rearden

Rearden Banned

3. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

I think so. Can I undo it?

4. Rearden

Rearden Banned

I would assume so. Check your Google account settings.

5. Laura7491

Laura7491 Thread Starter

I looked in gmail settings and my Google account settings, and could not figure out how to. :(

UPDATE: this link you posted was a great help. Thanks a million. I found how to turn it off after being redirected a few times. Now Google will contact me via e-mail if any problems (God forbid) with my account occur.

Thanks again. Mission accomplished. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice