1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dgstenowriter, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgstenowriter

dgstenowriter Thread Starter

I have tried previously to uninstall my HP Officejet G85 printer from HP Pavilion a1130n running XP Media. There is no Change/Remove button in Add/Remove Programs (but the program is there, 150 MB), and the file suggested on the HP website for uninstalling older printers from XP produces a message that it's "unsupported" (can't remember exact verbiage, been a while since last tried).

Even reinstalled in the hopes that a message would come up to the effect "this program is already installed, do you want install to remove it prior to completing this install," but it just installs the printer again with a number after it ... I'm up to "hp officejet g series - 3."

Now I have the mother of all paper jams and black ink leaking out of the underside of the g85, so I have no choice due to work deadlines and time constraints but to physically remove it and install a new printer tomorrow.

Any hope of removing this from my system altogether and starting fresh before installing another printer????

2. redmonkie

redmonkie

Do you have enough access rights on the computer to remove programs? ie: Do you have an administrative account?

3. dgstenowriter

dgstenowriter Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, Redmonkie.

Yes, it's a personal PC and I'm the Administrator.

But HP actually replied this time to my desperate pleas and e-mailed me a download link for Windows Install CleanUp. I've just finished installing and using it, AND IT WORKED !!!

Now I need to run the HP System Cleaner Utility and I should finally be "all cleaned up"!

Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/775510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice