1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Change the name of my user?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by treekatoni, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treekatoni

treekatoni Thread Starter

I don't know if this is suppose to go in this forum, but I was wondering on how to change the name of my computer's user. I changed it in the profile part, but I still see the name "Ben", the previous owner, on most of the files and things.

[​IMG]

see? I want to change that part. Does anyone know how? Thanks :)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to make a User account with the name you want, copy all of your files form the old account to the new one. BUT, you will NOT be able to use the same name that you changed the old one to, with out renaming it to something else.

After a few days and you are sure that you have ALL of YOUR files and data, you can then delete the old user account and files.

3. treekatoni

treekatoni Thread Starter

Thank you so much!! That did the trick. I forgot about that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/805919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice