Solved: change user profile location

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zerokilled

greetings!

i want to change the location path for the whole system user proflies. i tried the KB from microsoft and they explain how to modify an user proflie but that is not what i want to do. i tried the system variable environment but seem not to work for administrator users or it not work at all. what i want to do is to change the location, for example, instead of users profiles to be stored in c:\documents and settings\ i want them in other partition as d:\documents and settings\ but for the whole system. meaning that apply for All Users, Default User, Guest, Administrator, and so on.

any procedure to acomplish it?

any help is welcome...

zerokilled

that article seems to be the solution. i'm very pleased for your help! thank you very much! :)

You're welcome. You can mark the thread "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online