1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Changed System Battery

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by axe360, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axe360

axe360 Thread Starter

I just changed the System Battery (3volt coin cell) and now when I boot up I get this message:

Floppy Diskette seek failure

Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup..

Could someone please help me out?:(

Thank you very much..

Windows XP.

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

press f2, go into your bios, search around (sorry cant be more specific) for a disable floppy seek at boot

then save your change and reboot. I have seen it in various bios settings, but haven't gone looking for it in a while

3. axe360

axe360 Thread Starter

Mozzacajun, you are my hero today.. I went into bios setup, found drive/diskette and turned it OFF and that did the trick..
    Big time thankyou..

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Please go to Thread Tools and choose "Solved." That will indicate to folks that you no longer need assistance. The courtesy will be appreciated.

{redoak}

5. axe360

axe360 Thread Starter

Thank you redoak...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice