1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Changing ISP computer and program

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Margstertz, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margstertz

Margstertz Thread Starter

At present I have dial up. I would like to get wireless high speed. My present computer is a used one and i would like to get a new one with windows 7. I am paid up until July for the dial-up and I would like to keep it till then, to give me time to adjust to the new one and would also use the wireless. Since I can't keep my email address, how do I get, my web sites that have my email address for the user name, like MySpace etc.? I can't keep my old SP, they don't have high speed in this area. :confused: Thanks

2. raybro

raybro

Any web site where you have a login (user name and password) will have a profile where your email address is recorded. You have to go to each site and change the email address. For others your corespondent with, you can send 1 email to all the recipients in your address book with the new email address.

I use a web based email so I don't have to ever change it. There are a number of them available (Yahoo, Gmail, MyWay, hotmail, etc). Most have the capability of being able to download via POP3 or IMAP using Outlook Express so you can retrieve emails you want on your computer hard drive. I use Gmail myself.

I hope this answers your question.:)

Raybro

3. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

I would think you would have to go back through each website your involved in to update your e-mail address's.... just a big maybe there maybe a forward option with your dial-up service. I graduated to DSL a long while back but I still keep my dial-up for both a back-up incase my DSL fails, "which rarely happens" and I do get to peek at some of the random e-mails, that just goes to if it's worth the expense.

4. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

I actually like RAYBRO's answer here, though you would still have to update all of your website contacts. My actual "Main" e-mail is through a website that I own and maintain, and download via POP3 in OE.

Steve

5. Margstertz

Margstertz Thread Starter

Thank everyone! I have a hot mail address for backup, but I rarley use it. I will start to put it on my sites. I always get into trouble whenever I change things! I am glad your here to help thanks again!

6. raybro

raybro

Glad to help... :)

If you feel your questions have been answered, you can close this thread by clicking the "Mark Solved" button at the top left of the first post. The originator is the only one who can do this.

Raybro

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice