1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Changing music folder columns

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sgl1, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I would like to permanently change the columns in my music folder to add bit rate and length. I have many folders. I'd like to do it all at once if possible. All my music is on an external drive so I don't know if they will remain permanently when I remove drive but is this even possible?

This has bugged me for some time so nay help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. BillsCloud

BillsCloud

Okay, try this.

Right-click the details bar.
    You'll see a large menu appear, go to the vert bottom and click on 'More...'
    A dialog box should have appeared, scroll down, look for 'Bit Rate', and select it, find 'Length' and select it.
    Then click 'OK'

That should have worked, but I'm not sure if its permanent, but its worth a try.

3. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Well yes I know how to do that. The problem is I need to do it for 100+ folders and I'd like to keep it permanent if possible.

4. BillsCloud

BillsCloud

Okay, well this will work.

Set it like I said before, then:
    (http://ow.ly/6QvNV)
    Open any folder, click "View" and choose the view you would most like to use.
    Click "Tools" and then click "Folder Options".
    In the "Folder Options" window, click the "View" tab.
    Click "Apply to All Folders".
    A confirmation message should appear. Click "Yes".
    Click "OK" to exit the "Folder Options" window

Did that work?

5. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Yes that worked. Awesome thank you. Embarrassed it was a fairly simple procedure. Sometimes the obvious, isn't. My only question is since this is info on a laptop external will it remain permanent after I remove hard drive. I somehow doubt it. Thanks though.

6. BillsCloud

BillsCloud

I doubt that you will get the same folder view when you use your HDD in another system, simple because this is a local machine setting. No problem.

7. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

No I meant using it with my own laptop as I often disconnect the external. But it works! It kept the columns intact. Thanks so much!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice