1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: changing security

Discussion in 'General Security' started by margaret zanoni, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. margaret zanoni

margaret zanoni Thread Starter

I have been using Avast for 6 years but recently it takes ages to update when I switch on the computer and I would like to know if there is something else which updates at a given time instead of at switch on. I read on one of the posts some while ago that Microsoft did one. Could anyone advise me about this?

kind regards...............Margaret

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Havent heard others complain about Avast downloading signatures at switch on. Have you checked your msconfig > startup tab to see what else is starting up when you login ?

4. margaret zanoni

margaret zanoni Thread Starter

Many Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!