1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cheating me,..in ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Learner1, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Learner1

Learner1 Thread Starter

I have a 256 stick of ram installed but properties only show 224 of it in use no matter which stick I put in the dimm slot.I have 3 sticks of ram and surely they all 3 aren't bad.And if i install two sticks of 256 ram it will only show 448 of it,..what gives?

Attached Files:

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

On board video using some of the ram.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Chances are it's using 32 out of the 256 or 64 out of 512 for onboard Graphics, if so it's not a fault.

You may be able to set how much it uses in the Bios.

What PC make and model or motherboard is it ?

4. Learner1

Learner1 Thread Starter

Its Presario S4020WM and its a....AM37 board.Other pc's show all my ram but i don't guess it doesn't mean some of its not being used huh?And im sorry....if two are install it shows 480 and not the 448 i said.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

480+32=512. That makes more sense. They should be the same. 32MB's is being used by your onboard graphics. You may be able to adjust how much is used in BIOS, but if you plan to use it, the more RAM you give it, the better your graphics experience will be, depending what you use graphics for. If you don't play games or use multimedia, you may not need much graphics memory.

6. Learner1

Learner1 Thread Starter

Ok guys you making sense to me it sounds all good.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice