1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Checkboxes in Access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DKTaber, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

In most of the tables I create in Access 2000 that contain a "yes/no" field, the field displays as a checkbox when you open the table. But in some other tables, it displays not as a checkbox, but as "Yes" or "No". The format property in both tables is the same: Yes/No.

What am I doing in some tables that makes it display as "Yes" or "No" and in others as a checkbox? How can I change the field to a checkbox in tables where it displays as "Yes" or "No"?

2. coachdan32

coachdan32

When you select Yes/No as the datatype, if you click on the Lookup tab in the bottom left corner, you have a choice of checkbox or text.

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Thank you, coachdan. How is it that one uses a program for at least 10 years and never notices something like that?? Me thinks I'm getting dummer by the day. However, I also have to ask why Mr. Gates put a FORMAT property in the Lookup tab. I'd love to get him alone in a room for just one hour!

4. coachdan32

coachdan32

No problem. I forget more everyday and I'm not sure whether I will run out of days before I run out of knowledge or vice versa. Don't forget to mark the thread as solved.

5. coachdan32

coachdan32

OOPS, you already have done that.

6. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Yep! I'm a good boy!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/470044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice