[Solved] Checking my codecs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flamingsouls

Hi all,

I recently got a .mpeg movie and watched it on my home Windows 2000 computer. It works great. I believe I was using maybe windows media 7 or 8. When I went to move that file to my laptop with XP and media player 9, it says that it doesn't support the file. But the file is in .mpeg format. Is this a codec problem? If so, how do I find out which codecs I have installed on my 2000 machine so I can get the movie to work on my XP?

thx
Josh

flamingsouls

Yea I did that, but now that I have found out what I needed to do I got it back to working on XP.

thx
Josh

That's great, can you share what it took so it can help others? I will mark your thread solved.

flamingsouls

My codecs were basically the same, so I checked the properties of the Windows media players, and I found out that in 2000, I had this Elecard MPEG2 properities on it, so I went to Elecard's website, www.elecard.com and downloaded the decoder. It has this demultiplexer in and I believe that's what fixed it for me in XP.

thx
Josh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online