1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 'choose application' - email. i have no idea what to do, help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karaman, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karaman

karaman Thread Starter

haallo,

i want to send an email to a website and having hit 'contact us' i get a window that says 'choose application' - see my jpg.

i expect to see an email address but i suppose this is a way to stop spammers getting addresses. however i have a legitimate question to address to the website but have no idea what to do next.

i use firefox as a browser and yahoo as my mailer but neither of them are included in the list of the applications i am presented with to choose from.

someone please enlighten me what to do?

thanks

karaman

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

They want you to use your own mail program, like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird, a mail program that is installed on your computer. If you want to use web-based mail, you will need to copy the address and go to the mail site and type and send your mail from there.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    To expand on Elvandil's instructions ...

In Firefox, hover the cursor over the link and the link information should appear in the information bar at the bottom of the browser screen. If it shows "mailto:" followed by an e-mail address, right click on it and choose "Copy e-mail address" from the popup menu. Then go to your Yahoo mail page and start composing a new message. You can then paste the copied address into the "To;" box

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. karaman

karaman Thread Starter

hallo to all three of you,

thank you hughv but i dont like IE so avoid it if i can.

also for explanation from elvandil but yes i needed the expansion by cwwozniak as am not well versed in this machine. your help is really much appreciated.

thank you all

karaman

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!