1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: choosing the image qualtiy settings for

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by carlo_scute, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carlo_scute

carlo_scute Thread Starter

Good day,

I purchased an olympus fe 190 camera,and there are different image qualtiy settings.
    I just take pictures for leisure,and print it in the regular size..
    what setting should i choose? i copied the chart here.
    If i choose hq,would the quality be not as good as in the shq?

SHQ 2816 × 2112 Low
    compression

HQ 2816 × 2112 Standard
    compression

SQ1 2048 × 1536 Standard
    compression

SQ2 640 × 480 Standard
    compression

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Only one post per topic please

3. carlo_scute

carlo_scute Thread Starter

apologies bonk,and moderators,admin.
    duplicate thread not meant.

4. ChuckE

ChuckE

Take the pictures at the highest quality setting as long as you get a reasonable amount of pictures on your storage medium (the memory chip in your camera).

You can always decrease the file size of the pictures later, for space and/or email consideration, if needed. But if you take the photos at a low quality setting to begin with you will not be able to get any higher quality later for those pictures taken.

5. hewee

hewee

Yea I would always take the picyures at the best setting. Then if I need to edit them work only on a copy of the picture to down size etc.

If you took a picture at a lower setting later your find out that you wished you had used the higher setting so you would of gotten a better picture so take the best picture you can with your camera.

6. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

It depends on the size of hte memory card that you have though. If you have anything around the area of 512-1gb then you shold be fine at max res. Anything lower then you'd have a problem with getting a reasonable amount of pictures in at max res.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice