1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Chrome tab issues...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by larryh10000, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

I use Google Chrome as my web browser. When I open the browser I have it set to open Bing automatically as my opening page as I like the images and it has a pretty good search engine. Anyway, when the browser opens to the Bing page there is an extra blank tab as it should be. When I open the blank tab, it has a bookmark bar with all my bookmarks across the top and also has a thumbnail of each of the bookmarks in the middle of the page (this must be Chromes default as I just installed it and haven't made any setting changes.

Now this isn't a big issue I guess, but I would really not wish to have the bookmark bar at the top of this new tab nor the thumbnails either. I would just like a blank page. Any suggestions on how to get these off there?

2. joe957

joe957

3. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

The link you offered was great - it shows an image of that tab page and that is exactly what it looks like. Just thought there might be some way to turn those items off, but it appears there is not.

I know when you open a new tab in IE, it just opens a blank page. Not sure about Fire Fox.

No big deal, I can live with it.

Thanks you very much for taking the time to help me out.

4. joe957

joe957

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice