1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Chrome won't open emails in hotmail or ebay

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MAYNARD77, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

While in Chrome I can open ebay and hotmail sites and sign in but when I click on the mssg to view nothing happens... icon does not even show that it is working on it. I switch to internet explorer (which I LOATHE) and it works fine. A few other sites I try to bring up it acts like I'm running Win 98 and brings up just text no images. Adobe falshplayer is working fine,as is netflix youtube etc are fine, Java is enabled. AVG ran full PC sweep 3 times found a bunch of ~40 cookies (which is odd I run avg every other day and it usually on finds 6 at the most). No viruses :cool: searched other posts and they suggested changing target, it wouldn't allow (specified path not found). This problem started about 3 days ago around the time I dowloaded Walkman content transfer. I scanned it individually (AVG) no problems. Tried sytem restore to before download and aprox. time of issue... to no avail even went back several days in the restore (3 times at earlier days each time) NADA:mad:......why is this only in Chrome?!?! I hate IE... please help. Hope I gave enough info

Dell Inspiron 1721
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1917 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1270 , 192 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 63446 MB, Free - 10112 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 8618 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0UK441, , .G229ZD1.CN4864379R2815.
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated and Enabled

2. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Didn't mean to post twice... thanks Terry for removing the other. Thought I lost it cause it didn't show recovered the page and apparently resubmitted... obviously my first time here.... but um, NO suggestions to my problem?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I didn't have any suggestions, as I don't know Chrome (Firefox is my choice), but now I notice AVG. AVG (both the free anti-virus and the internet security) has been causing lots of different and strange networking problems. Suggest that you uninstall it and run their Removal Tool.

After testing you can reinstall it (or rethink your choice of anti-virus).

4. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Thanks Terry, I tried to uninstall AVG 9.0 and it said some error mssg and "failed". Went though several places and finally found an avg remover... took forever, but it does seem as if there was some issue with my avg. Never had that many cookies except when I bought the PC (used). I've installed the newer version (chose the older 9.0 before because my RAM was near maxed but upgraded that) so now I'm running a scan now before checking to see if that was/is the problem.

5. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Well AVG 11 found 44 new cookies and other adware... must work better than 9.0.....but sytem still won't allow me to open emails.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

In my experience, Microsoft sites work as intended only in Internet Explorer. All other browsers can be unpredictable.

7. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

well swithced to fire fox as suggested and HAVE zero problems..... **** CHROME!!!! willl stick w/ what works problem solved................sorrry little thanks to all EXCEPT Terry..... went on a hunch and uninstalled Chrome MOZILLA RAN PERFECTLY......ACROSS THE BOARD......ONCE AGAIN ...........FORGET Chrome...... FRO PERSONALL EXPERIENCE....... THANKS TERRY SOLVED!!!!!

8. MAYNARD77

MAYNARD77 Thread Starter

Thanks for thehelp................................was getting sumpremely FRUSTRATED........

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

I wasn't really recommending that you switch; just explaining why I do not know what might be going wrong with Chrome. But if you're happy with Firefox that's fine.

10. dznutz19

dznutz19

I have 4 computers in the house and all but one work fine with eBay messaging. I have Bull-guard on three of them but only one (MY main desktop) will not function correctly. This just started happening yesterday, before that it has worked fine. So it is not a blanket problem and there must be a way to get it back to functioning. I love Chrome because it is faster than any browser saves my most traveled to websites to the home page and is just plain EASY and CLEAN. Using a different browser is not the problem solved I was looking for.

Intel Motherboard
    i7 2600k
    Nvidia GTS 450 1.5gb
    8gb DDR3 G.Skill
    256 SSD Crucial

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/997065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice