Solved: Cisco PIX firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave001

I just got a pix firewall with version 6.6 on it. I have no idea where to begin configuring this thing. I was wondering if someone out there had any details on to how to configure the firewall to use on broadband.,

So far this is the setup.
pc connects to linksys router
linksys router is connected to firewall via crossover cable
firewall is conected to the cable modem

I am able to ping to the firewall but unable to get outside connection light blinks green on firewall to show activity from cable modem.

I have dchp setup on cisco pix.

However, i'm lost to what to try and d next any white papers or ideas?

Hi there, the best thing I can suggest you do is buy a Cisco Pix Firewall Advanced Manual and read up on the PIX, once you have your head around the way the PIX functions and the Cisco CLI its reasonably easy.

Not quite sure what you are trying to do, but you will need to create an access-list to allow access out, if thats where you going with your message.

Hope its of some help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online