1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Civilization 4, getting MSVCP71.dll error

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pats1stdown, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pats1stdown

Pats1stdown Thread Starter

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought Civilization 4 from direct2drive in 2006. And Im getting the message "can't find MSVCP71.dll is missing. I have re-installed it and still get the same problem. I have MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistriutable and I think that put MSVCR71.dll in C:\windows\system. I rebooted anmd still getting the same problem.

Can anyone help me with this. Its driving me nuts. I have been and read alot of forums and nothing seems to be working.!!!!!!:mad:

2. Tanis

Tanis Shane

If I remember right that particular dll should live in the System32 folder and your not the only person to come across this problem with Civ4.

I had to research this one a while back for a friend of mine and the solution I used was to download the file itself from:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71

stick it in your System32 folder then go to your command prompt and type:

regsvr32 "c:\windows\System32\msvcp71.dll"

3. Pats1stdown

I downloaded the msvcp71.dll and placed it into System32. After I went to the command prompt and typed what you told me. I got this message. C:\regsvr32' is not recognized as an interal or external command, operable program or bath file.
    The message I'm getting is that MSVCR71.dll file is missing.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

used the run box instead.

Start > Run> type
    regsvr32 "c:\windows\System32\msvcp71.dll"

if it happens again, remove the quotation marks.

5. Pats1stdown

Ok did that and this is the message i get when I go that: Loadlibrary("c:\windows\System32\msvcp71.dll")failed- The specified module could not be found

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

and that file is indeed in windows\system32 folder?

7. Pats1stdown

Instead of putting in the file msvcp71.dll it was missing the msvcr71.dll file and did the same thing regvsr c:\windows\system32\msvcr71.dll and worked ..Thanks guys..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768432