1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) cleanmgr.exe problem.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ojuani Wofun, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ojuani Wofun

Ojuani Wofun Thread Starter

:cool: Dear Friends:
    Good evening. I have problems with my clean disk (free space on disk). When I activete it, does not work, and my CPU loads almost 100%. Please, somebody help me. Thank you
    MY BEST REGARDS

2. zephyr

zephyr

Right click the Desktop IE icon and choose "Properties." Click the "Delete Files" button. When it finishes, click the "Delete cookies" button. The after that completes, click the "Clear History" button. Now try running cleanmgr again and report back what happens. Give full details of any error message received.

3. Ojuani Wofun

Dear Friend:
    Thank you for your reply. I made all that you indicate me with Internet Explorer properties and cleanmgr.exe continues without working. I expect your kindly comments asap.
    Sincerely:(

4. zephyr

zephyr

Try going to Start > Run and typing cleanmgr.exe /d c: and press enter or click OK. That could yield some information. Note any error message received and report all details. Take care to include the spaces in the command properly. Space before and after /d

5. Ojuani Wofun

Dear Friend:
    Thank you for your reply. I made all of you indicate me, and cleanmgr.exe does not work. My CPU is 100% when I run this application, I do not understand that. I expect your always kindly reply asap.
    THANK YOU AGAIN.;)

6. zephyr

zephyr

Try booting to Safe Mode and running the command. You may have some conflict with another program or possibly a virus or spyware that is causing this problem. Safe Mode may help eliminate those possibilities.

If unsure how to boot to Safe Mode, click the link below in my signature.

7. Ojuani Wofun

Dear Friend Zephyr:
    Good evening and have a Happy New Year! I made all of you indicate me and the problem continues. Do you have any suggestion about the problem. I expect your always kindly reply asap
    THANK YOU

:)

8. zephyr

zephyr

Download the attached file to your Desktop. Right click it and select "Rename" and type dcof.reg in the name field and press enter. Then double click it and when asked, allow the import to the Registry. If your AV protests when you run this file, do not worry. It's a safe file and contains no virus. Disable the AV if necessary.

When the import is finished, reboot and try running the Disk Cleanup program again.

ps. Per your question via e-mail, the Desktop IE Icon refers to the Internet Explorer icon. Also, don't worry about your English, it's fine.

Attached Files:

• dcof.txt
      File size:
      294 bytes
      Views:
  9. Ojuani Wofun

Dear Friend Zephyr:
    Good morning. With reference with the file that you kindly sent me. When I rename (in spanish would be "Reemplazar"?). A window mentioned that the file dcof.reg has not been found; and I do not know what can I do. Could you explain me where is my mistake? Thank you
    MY BEST REGARDS.

10. zephyr

zephyr

Hi again! I'm sorry that you're having such a bad time. Let me show you how it can be done. The following pictures refer to my original post with the attachment in it. When you complete the process outlined below, then you should find the file named dcof.reg on your Desktop. When you double click on it, you will be asked if you want to import it into the Registry. Answer Yes.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• help.gif
      help.gif
      File size:
      178.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

12. zephyr

zephyr

What a coincidence Rog, that's the same .reg file I attached. :D

The problem is one of language interpretation rather than source of material. I think we'll finally get there and we'll all be stronger for the effort. ;)

13. Ojuani Wofun

Dear Friend Zephyr:
    The problem has been eradicated! I am very happy! Thanks a lot dear Friend, you are great!
    MY BEST REGARDS

14. zephyr

zephyr

I'm happy to hear that! You did most of the work so give yourself a big pat on the back.

Best regards. ;)

15. LadyD1953

LadyD1953

I was having trouble using the Cleanmgr.exe - since just before Christmas, thanks to you I have solved my problem!

Many, many thanks
    LadyD1953

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice