1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: clicking on URLs in received emails in Outlook Express does nothing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Lenox, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenox

Lenox Thread Starter

Windows XP Prof; I use Internet Explorer 7 and Outlook Express 6. A few days ago I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox. I could not delete it from Control Panel-Add/Remove programs. I deleted the main program and all folders that had the word Firefox in it.

Since then, if I click on a blue URL in a received email in Outlook Express, nothing happens. For example, when I received my registration email to this forum, I had to copy and paste the URL into Internet Explorer.

I reinstalled Internet Explorer 7 but that did not help. I think I deleted Foxfire on Feb 5, 2007. I tried Norton Goback a few days later, but that did not "go back" to Feb 5th.

Is it possible that Outlook Express is set up to use Firefox, and now that it is gone, Outlook Express does not know that it should use Internet Explorer? Come to think of it just now, I am pretty sure when I clicked on a URL in a received email, it was Firefox that responded.

Lenox

Fairbanks, Alaska

2. Lenox

Lenox Thread Starter

Just writing to this forum made me think about my problem, and I solved it: Internet Explorer was not the default browser. I guess Firefox had made itself the default browser, and when I deleted Firefox, Internet Explorer did not step up to the plate. I made IE the default and now everything works as it should.

Anyway, I am glad I have discovered this forum, and I shall attempt to become a regular member.

So, folks, no need to respond to my previous post.

Lenox

Fairbanks, AK USA

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice