1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: clock - AMI.com

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by greenbug, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

When my computer is loading something flashed on screen. The next time it appeared I hit pause. It's called American Megatrends AMI.com. Did a search found nothing . What is it? Also the clock is set back to Jan 1 2001. Norton won't run a live update and under programs it shows new progams added which have been on the computer for a few years. Any ideas?

Thanks Bug

2. moper

moper

American Megatrends is the Bios maker on your motherboard. Possibly the battery went dead. 'Usually', they are easy to replace, and only cost a few dollars.

moper

3. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

Ok when I reset the time everything works fine.
    Thanks bug

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If the clock goes back to Jan 1, 2001 again the battery is probably dead (not an issue unless you use non-default BIOS settings). CR2032 batteries are about $4 at pharmacies, and camera and computer shops.

5. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

Will it be easy to find in my HP
    Thanks

6. moper

moper

7. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

Model pavilion a320n. When I shut my computer down I always unplug it. Now when I puug it in it starts up on its own without pushing the button.

Thanks

8. moper

moper

9. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

No I didn't get the battery yet. I found it in the manual and it's showing it on the lower left side of the computer in the lower right side of the motherboard. The manual tells you to replace it so I guess all you need to do is unplug the computer and replace it. When I shut it down I will take the side panel off and check it out.

Thanks

10. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

OK the wife picked up the battery. I put it in and seems to work OK. One problem, after I tried it I looked at the package and it had 2032 one it but, the battery has DL 2032 not CR 2032. Any problem?

Thanks

11. moper

moper

I don't think so. Just a different manufacturer. Glad you got it working.

moper

12. greenbug

greenbug Thread Starter

Once again Thanks a Bunch.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice